Thursday, September 08, 2005

I've lost track of the days. I realize that I'm not going to be one of those daily posters. I have accepted that, and I'm moving on.

My dad had his heart surgery yesterday. It wasn't an emergency, in that he was rushed to the hospital. He was left to wait a few days in one hospital before he got admitted to another. However, when he got to hospital #2, he had the operation the following day, and the surgeon upped it from a double bypass to a quadruple bypass. Well, maybe someone will now address the issue of his diet. He was told to stay to a "regular" diet, but that wasn't really clarified. Therefore, the clogged arteries. But, he sounds positive because, as he said, he's had a "complete overhaul".

Meanwhile, I started school. Well, I went to the classes. I haven't really started yet. My mind is elsewhere, don't you know. I have difficulty focusing at the best of times, but now I have a real distraction, not just an interesting bunch of clouds to keep me busy.

My mom is holding up well. And by that, I mean that she's being as bossy as ever. She's such a trooper. Oh, and she's managing to be even more jealous of her sister than usual, but perhaps that's because we've seen and heard more of her sister in the last few days. Her sister has been very helpful. It's a sister thing, I guess, to be there and then not really be appreciated. Well, it's keeping my mother busy, with the bitching and complaining.

I'm really tired. It has been a long day. And I feel sorry for the dog. He came here, to my parents' house, because he was in the same position he's in today. The family that had him before us couldn't spend much time with him because the mother was sick and in the hospital. They had to leave him locked up in the garage for up to 10 hours a day while they were at the hospital. He's such a friendly, outdoors-y little guy...that must have been hell for him. He's had it really good (except the explosive fighting...he really doesn't like that) here, but in the last few days, we've had to leave him home alone for a while. Sure, he's got a 3,000 sq ft house to roll around in, the choice of 4 beds, multiple pillows on those beds and in his favourite hiding spots (in closets, under furniture), food and water... But still, I feel sorry for him. He needs, and deserves, a lot of companionship. Oh, but he's been receiving visitors lately.

Then again, my dad's going to be laying around for a few months when he comes home from the hospital, so the dog will enjoy that, but maybe only for the first few days. Then he'll get bored, and go back under the chair, his favourite spot.

Well, this is boring me, so I can imagine... I guess it's time to stop. Perhaps I'll have time to write again tomorrow.

Perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home