Sunday, January 15, 2006

I'm in an incredibly pissy mood on such a nice (comparatively to the last month or so) day, and Wegnerd is to blame. WTF is wrong with her? Does she want to put us off reading altogether? I used to like to read, but after her 3 textbook chapters (I haven't finished), two articles to read, chapter and 3 exercises, and two rhetorical analyses (plus extra reading for our spare time), I'm really over reading. Give me the tv, and give it to me fast. Or is it correct to say "give it to me fastly". Like meladuck, I'm beginning to rhetorically analyze (and second guess) even my most basic written work.

So I don't waste this pissiness, it's time to rant about billionaires. My cousin works at Save-On, and has just found out that the beloved Jimmy Pattison (that struggling businessman) has decided to change all of the Save-On stores to something called Buy-Right. This way, he can de-unionize them, and spin all their wages back to the minimum. As the "manager" of the seafood department (and with many years of experience), my cousin presently makes only 3 times the minimum wage. Now let's get this straight: I have strong beliefs that not all jobs should be life-supporting. I'm conflicted because some jobs have higher risk and responsibility factors. However, I also think that some people are just rich enough, and don't need to screw their employees to get even more rich. I seriously think that there's something mentally fucked up with these people, and that in a few years, some psychologist will have breakthrough and identify the tendency to need to be the richest person on the planet to be some sort of personality disorder (and blame it on parents). Like the newly-"discovered" body dysmorphic disorder (bodybuilders), it will be found that people who have to be the richest and own the most won't be labelled "greedy" but seriously fucked up and deficient.

Anyhow, I ran out of steam on that one. So while I took a break from reading, I decided to offload photos from my camera. I found some from Christmas, including the one I took of the fountain in my parents' front yard. My mom has some family over every year on Dec 24th. A couple of my cousins still smoke, and they (coureously and without having been asked) go outside to have a smoke. The dog always has to go out with them, so I go to keep an eye on the dog (we had a wild rabbit move in over Xmas, so, I don't know, I'm supposed to keep the dog away from the rabbit...as if I could). So this one time when we went out to the front porch, and conversation waned a little, my one cousin said, while looking in the direction of the birdbath/fountain which has to be wrapped every winter, "sooooo, Rob, what's up with that?"



















As soon as she said it, I knew what she was thinking. Yes, it looks like a body. And no, it's not very Christmas-y. But it is very, very funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home