Monday, June 30, 2008

High

Yesterday wasn't the best day to go hiking. This was especially the case because I haven't been hiking for years. And even then, the most strenuous hike I had tackled was Dog Mountain at Seymour. It's nothing like the Grouse Grind. There are lots of ups-and-downs, but in the end, you've barely changed elevation.

That's what we were looking for from yesterday's hike. Not much of a change, but something interesting to look at. What happened, though, was that we didn't look too closely at the map. We took a wrong turn, and ended up going to High Knoll in Minnekhada Regional Park. It's a nice park in Coquitlam. There's a marsh with deep-voiced bullfrogs. There's an old hunting lodge that has been refurbished and can be rented for weddings and other occasions.
Look at some photos. The light-coloured part on the top right side of the mound is where I was standing for the first photo. In the bottom photo, I was standing on the path on the right side, about a third of the way up that side of the photo, in between the two bodies of water, to take the photo of the mound.




2 Comments:

Blogger maikopunk said...

Hey you,

I've been wanting to do a hike in Minnekhada (sp?) forever. Next time we should go together.

But not too soonish - I just went on a fairly challenging hike yesterday in Chilliwack. It was a workout but the scenery was lovely. And the swimmin' was good too.

9:55 AM  
Blogger kuzcolike said...

Ahhh, swimming. That would have been nice. But as you can see from the photo, the marsh ain't too conducive. There is a pool at the Lodge, but the nice lady wasn't that nice. I even offered her money for a quick dip in the pool.

Where'd you go in Chilliwack? I haven't been out there for a long time. I wish that I'd known that you were going. I could have pointed you in the direction of a nice dairy farm with lots of excellent ice cream.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home