Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I waited until today, the rainiest day in several weeks, to hoodwink Rita into being my personal photographer for the day. Against my better judgement, I agreed to be featured on the Contributor's page for the December issue of alive. This involves providing a photo, which is no easy feat. If I know that I'm being photographed, I'm usually able to pull off some kind of pained expression. If it's at all bright or sunny outside, then that expression usually has an undertone of anger (because the brightness causes me to squint). Nevertheless, we fearlessly embarked on the photoshoot, starting in Tynehead, a park in my neighbourhood.

I have to say that Rita admirably took on the role of photographer, suggesting different places and faces for photos. At one point, she got me to walk out on the slippery rocks in the salmon spawning creek (ie. environmentally protected) in the park. Most of the photos turned out a little blurry due to the slippery footing. However, she did manage to capture this stellar shot which I'm very tempted to use:

I look like I'm taking a (stubborn) crap into the water.

Thanks Rita, I owe you one. I really mean it.

4 Comments:

Blogger J. Nadiger said...

I've still got that shot of you eating a giant slice of Douglas College pizza, if you need it.

9:54 AM  
Blogger kuzcolike said...

I'll keep that as a back-up in case I need it. In fact, perhaps we can use it for the "after" photo for the life makeover.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Flight of Ideas said...

That rugged out-doorsy look suits you.

JP

7:09 PM  
Blogger Kai Jansson said...

I'll be sharing space on the Contributors page of that issue, too. There seems to be an outdoorsy theme developing.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home