Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sorry that I'm so slow to meme
But here it is, finally.

Seven things to do before I die:
1) Conquer my fear of heights
2) Buy and refurbish/renovate an old house (I like Arts and Crafts)
3) Own a bookstore ("You will read what I tell you to read)
4) Establish a doggy rescue thingy
5) Visit all the Disney theme parks (that's my geek)
6) Finish reading Ulysses (everybody's talking about it)
7) Design something that will change the world


Seven things I can't do (but wish that I could):
1) Think before I speak (that's a shout-out to vulture)
2) Snorkle/scuba dive (Jaws has prevented me thus far)
3) Convince
jnadiger that the Harry Potter books are good readin'
4) Not seek the punchline every time (see #1)
5) Be spontaneous in action, not in speech
6) Let some things go (spelling, punctuation)
7) Sing (outside of my car or the shower)

Seven things that attract me to blogging:
1) The obvious...jnadiger told me to, meladuck helped to convince me
2) It's a good way to vent, I mean express myself
3) I was spying on other people through their blogs, so...it just seemed like the right thing to do
4) "Everybody's doing it!"
5) It feels like you're part of something which is way big (aka the "blogosphere")
6) It's the best way to share my wisdom/It's easier than shouting
7) Self-glorification/gratification

Seven things I say most often:
1) "Sorry" (see #s 1 and 4 in Seven things I can't do)
2) Usually the most inappropriate thing (see previous entry)
3) "Is it just me...?"
4) Apparently I say "dude" a lot, as in a dismissive "Dude, no."
5) "Ice cream"...not a catch phrase, just a request
6) My memory is terrible, therefore I don't have many catch phrases, and therefore,
7)

Seven books that I love:
1) Pilgrim and Not Wanted on the Voyage by Timothy Findley
2)
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
3)
The Gallery of Regrettable Food by James Lileks
4)
Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real by The Imagineers
5)
Nobody's Perfect by Anthony Lane
6)
Masquerade by Kit Williams
7)
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
Honourable Mention: Anything by
Sarah Vowell

Seven movies I watch again and again:
1) The Philadelphia Story
2)
Clue (amazing cast, and I think it's funny)
3)
The Emperor's New Groove ("no touchy!") and Finding Nemo
4)
Rocky Horror Picture Show
5)
The Nightmare Before Christmas
6) The Harry Potter movies
7) Fantasia (
original and 2000)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home