Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Okay, people. A new blog topic.

Today, a conversation in class with meladuck steered us toward a forgotten topic. But it lead me to telling her about how my cousin summarized my family's unspoken philosophy of how to treat each other: Demean them before they demean you. He had brought this up during a family dinner at which there were a few outsides. That context inspired this blog topic: What was the most important thing you've learned from your family.

I've already stated mine, although things like "swim like your life depends on it" (a lesson learned after my dad and his brother drove my sister and I out into the middle of some lake and then shoved us overboard...don't panic, we had lifejackets on) and "you're never too far away from a corkscrew" (handily exemplified by my sister, who managed to open a bottle of wine using the hanging basket hook which she had removed from the ceiling of the condo they rented in Hawaii) can be added to the list.

Meladuck offered one from her father. It's something to do with cutlery, but I can't remember it and I don't want to get it wrong. So people, add your valuable life lessons here. We will be SO prepared for our practicums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home