Saturday, March 11, 2006

Yes, I skipped Xine's party last night. It wasn't meant as a slight or anything like that. Notice that I chose the word "skipped". The thing is this...I have a deep, dysfunctional social phobia about meeting people in groups. This is why I've often skipped out on things. And last night, things got out of my control, and by the time I was parked in the parkade, I had worked myself up into a bit of a panic. So I left.

It seems stupid to be writing about it, but it happens all the time. I'm especially freaked in restaurants and at parties. I don't know why. I suppose there's probably some deep, dark moment from my past that triggers the panic. (This is by no means a way to point finger, by the way.) Even though I am that nice, the offer to give Sara and Melanie and James rides to Xine's party was also a way to ensure that I wouldn't go alone. But when Sara cancelled, and James and Melanie phoned to say that they were running late, that gave me an out. If I had gone over right away, I probably would have followed through. But instead, I went to London Drugs (where I couldn't find any reasonably-priced RAM dammit), and then I got a burrito from Taco del Mar. By the time I was driving over to Xine's, I was already well on my way to talking myself out of it. By the time I was in the parking lot, I was pretty much sure that I wasn't going to go in. I parked, wondered if I was in the right parking lot, and then just told myself that it would be easier to go home rather than worry about parking in the wrong parking lot and getting towed or ticketed.

It's lame, I know. Be patient.

And I'm really disappointed, too, because I really wanted to see the three extra sinks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home