Saturday, March 04, 2006

Continuing on with the theme of "when crap turns to classic", I was thinking about tv from my youth. This lead to another scary thought: where will I be when shows such as Three's Company and Too Close For Comfort become "classic tv", and what will be my physical reaction?

Speaking of which, where are all the "stars" of Too Close For Comfort. I know where at least one of them is, sort of (Ted Knight is dead). But where are those two creepy-looking girls (spawn of Children of the Damned). And whatever happened to JM J. Bullock, he of the personal identity crisis ("There is no 'I' in JM), and one of the first closetted gay folks on a sitcom? Is he somewhere, out there, struggling through community theatre, longing for the old days when C-list celebs like himself still had a safe tv haven in the once hugely-popular genre of game shows such as Match Game and Password?

So blog people, who are the other forgotten (perhaps closetted) stars of tv yesteryear? And who will we see in a few years, embarassing themselves on the new-age replacement for those old game shows, the so-called "reality" shows such as Surreal World and Celebrity Fat Camp?

Tell me. I want to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home