Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Yesterday was a lovely day. I sprinted up Burnaby Mountain to pick up my Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium (Student License) software and made it in good time. The software was there. I had remembered my invoice. I signed a couple things, which resulted in me spending $315 in ten minutes ($313 for the software, $2 for parking). Not only that, I remembered how to get from SFU to Douglas College without consulting a map. I got to DC in time for a ghetto slice and some reading in before class.

When I got home, however, and tried to install the software, the warm, happy feeling left me. I thought that I'd checked everything out, but when I tried to install the software, I got this nasty message: "CS needs 384mb of RAM to operate. Please install more RAM and get back to us." That was weird, because I had checked it all out. So I checked it again, and no, my system apparently has the required RAM. I tried to do some stuff to make the computer feel better, but it didn't. It just kept refusing the software. So now what? Do I have to buy more stupid RAM? I just bought more RAM a year or so ago. These fucking computers are worse than cars...they're obsolete faster than you can reboot your harddrive.

Oh, well. It might be better to wait. I have a shitload of homework to do, and it was very likely that I'd get caught up in photoshopping some photos instead of (finally) reading my theoretical resources (damn you, Diana) or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home