Friday, September 22, 2006

Because other semesters have been accomplished without too much hair loss or vomiting, I thought that I could take on a bit more this semester.

I managed to finagle my way back into alive magazine. I heard through the grapevine that they might need some extra help, so I sent an email. As soon as I hit "send", I received emails with writing and editing assignments. Hmmm, I don't want to complain, but, I was hoping for a longer, less frightening transition. The good part is that I'll be able to say "see ya" to the hated weekend job at the golf course. I've been counting the days, and they knew it (it's called pragmatics, people).

But there's going to be a painful overlap which will be difficult to get through. I thought that I had my shit together, but the magazine called, yet again. When I was leaving, they asked if I would be willing to participate in a life makeover series. Sure, I said, with visions of free massages and a personal chef. It's to appear in the magazine starting in January, and, stupidly I assumed that would be the timeline. Why would I do that? I interned there. I know how the magazine works, sort of. So what this means is that I have to write a 500 word article every couple of weeks on top of schoolwork and the part-time work I've agreed to do for the mag.

I wonder if this life makeover deal includes a personal assistant?

Why am I complaining? These are all good opportunities. I just hope that I'll be able to keep up with it all without going postal. Then I really would have to change my design for the portfolio show invitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home