Monday, July 23, 2007

I often go to amazon.com to read reviews about things I like, just to see what other people are thinking. I enjoyed the final Harry Potter book, but had some minor issues with it. So I turned to amazon.com to see what other people thought.

When I do this, I'm usually most interested in the 1 and 2 star reviews. I'm curious to see what people consider to be so wrong about a thing. I found this guy (I'll assume), and his crazy reviews. For example, the first line of his review for HP and the Deathly Hallows goes a little something like this:
It seems that before I launch into this review should tell you that I know some satanic, malign cutthroats who contend they once overheard Joanne Rowling say, "I want to reap a harvest of death when you least expect it".

But did you like the book?

For a laugh, I read the review for the dvd of that movie 300. Crazy Reviewer has written...
Although I generally believe that the less said about 300 the better, I do feel obligated to say a few things about 300's self-aggrandizing disquisitions. To organize my discussion, I suggest that we take one step back in the causal chain and embark on a new path towards change.

Whatever happened to the thumbs up/thumbs down system?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home