Saturday, August 09, 2008

Complaint Dept

I think that I have previously written about how I cannot stand the new co-worker. (By the way..."new" is used loosely here...she has been there for about four months now.) If I haven't, then I'll summarize: she's a loud know-it-all who has never once thought that we won't want to hear her opinion. She never hesitates to butt in and speak on behalf of our department. She's always there to answer questions not asked of her. And she stubbornly continues to loudly mispronounce our supervisor's name while she shouts across our four desks. (Keep in mind that she was the one who found and introduced us to our company-/world-wide instant messenging system. But she still yells across the room.) I haven't corrected her. She calls me her "work buddy". Fuck off.

We had our mid-year performance reviews this past week. For some weird reason, A-cow (the nickname I've given her...which is short for annoying-co-worker) had her meeting with Caroline before I did. Later that afternoon, we took our daily walk. (I started this tradition before I realized that she annoys the hell out of me.) During that walk, she asked me if I would mind being mentored by her, because Caroline had asked her to.

Wtf?!?!?!?

I couldn't answer that question truthfully ("I would rather be slowly eaten alive by those pedicure fish"). So instead, I acknowledged that I lack the interpersonal skills required by the job, and suggested that perhaps she could help me with that.

In reality, my biggest problem is that I can't think quickly and defend myself.

Why didn't Caroline check with me first?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home