Saturday, September 06, 2008

Week-old Crumble

Last weekend, my uncle stopped by with a large pineapple for my mother. She likes fresh pineapple. He buys them at Costco. It doesn't exactly follow the rules of the 100 Mile Diet, but we do what we can. Besides, we have found that the Costco pineapples are delicious.

Because the pineapple was so large, I decided to make a crumble. We had some ripe rhubarb in the garden. There is a bag of frozen strawberries in the deep freeze waiting to be whizzed up into a protein shake. It was a cool day, perfect for baking.

I had never made a crumble before, so I found a recipe. My mother mocked me. "It's crumble, not rocket science." So I cast the recipe aside, and assembled my gingered pineapple, rhubarb, and strawberry crumble with slivered almonds and nutmeg in the crumble. It was delicious, especially warm with ice cream.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home