Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It took me a while, but I've now realized that I desperately need to go to the chiropractor. Luckily, I've caught on earlier this semester. Last semester, I kept thinking that I was allergic to the school or something, but it turned out that the enormous backpack had fucked up my neck and shoulders, giving me pain and nausea. I can only hope that I'm having the same problem this semester.

Yesterday, before checking into the Douglas mental institution, I had to run a few errands which included stopping by London Drugs for some supplies. As I was in a hurry, I didn't take the time to peruse and choose the most perfect toothbrush. And what did I end up with? (Shut up, I know that's awkward and wrong!) Some bs techno-marvel of a toothbrush which just annoys the hell out of me. I wanted something bristly in a medium. Instead, I got something lime green (why?), on a slippery handle, with about 40 different kinds of bristles and 3 rubber knobs up the center (shut it, jnadiger...no commentary from you). Why is all that necessary? Is it because we, as North Americans, have shitty eating habits and shitty hygiene habits? Could it be that? Or is it because North Americans are at the same time wasteful and dazzled by the technology, so companies jump on the techno-marvel bandwagon because something which is new and different must be better. Because, seriously, all I need from a toothbrush is that it spreads the toothpaste all through my mouth, and then scrubs a little. That's it. Is that so much to ask?

Meanwhile, on another topic, at the end of design class today, I walked by a certain classmate and saw that she was working on her assignment. Just glancing at her work, I could see that it was remarkably similar to a concept I was considering. So I sat down, looked at it closer, and told her that I had a similar design. She kind of looked at me disbelievingly (Yes, it's a word), and said "Really, because I've been keeping my ideas pretty close to my chest on this one." I immediately got up, went to my desk, found my page of thumbnail sketches, and brought them back to show her. As we sort of laughed about it, she pointed at another one of my thumbnails and said "No, way", and rifled through her pages to find a similar sketch. So we had two similar ideas. Alarming, no? We both jokingly said "stay out of my head" to each other, and I went back to my desk. But seriously, does that mean that neither of us were being that original, or should we report directly to The Amazing Kreskin?

I'm awaiting your sage advice, oh blogosphere crowd. Advise me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home