Monday, February 06, 2006

Today was "group work" day, which felt more like group therapy except we had all the dysfunction, but no therapist (unless you count the dog, or the wine).

It started innocently enough...She-Ra showed up at my house so I could drive the both of us into Vancouver to the gracious Hillarity's apartment so that we could meet and plan our video for our Professional Readiness class. For some reason, that title strikes me as being ironic, considering what we did today.

Don't get me wrong, some things were decided, and lots of stuff was discussed. And sometimes we stayed on topic. But it was difficult to do with all the distractions. As Meladuck mentioned in her always well-written and observant blog, there was a lot going on. Hillarity's collections were distracting, especially the box labelled Bones. No-one was brave enough to take a peek, but I know that we were all very interested. Princess Zoe Bernice Snortsalot was busy chasing her tail, which I still find disturbing and NO-ONE can convince me isn't a sign of puppy-insanity. And when she wasn't chasing her tail, she was either snorting around the apartment, shedding in meladuck's wine (the nerve) or perching upon my crotch with her stinky-bum. Wait for it; I'm sure that there are incriminating photos to follow.

And what did I take away from the meeting (which is what MyNameIsn'tBarbra always does when finishing a group session)? I can still hear her saying, in her doggy voice, "Come here and sit in momma's triangle!" I will probably hear that for the rest of my life. And what did Hillarity receive as a hostess gift? I believe that the word is "roach", as in the butt of a spliff, which wasn't there when I got there, but had been ground into Hillarity's grass matt (hmmmm, ironic) by the end of our session. Oh, and some lingering doggy stinky-bum smell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home