Friday, February 03, 2006

So, meladuck and jnadiger ducked out of school early yesterday. I think that meladuck was trying to tell me that, and perhaps say "see yah", at the end of our first class, but I was having such a cookie crave that I raced out of the class so I could stop by the cafeteria (which was out of the beloved cookies...all they had was oatmeal/raisin, and, ewwww) on the way to our last class of the week. There was a touching, Hallmark moment when I saw them leaving the building, and I thought that they were going to try to make it to the Bubble Tea place and back in between classes. "Poor fools," I thought, "they'll never make it. I was standing in line waiting for my reasonable substitute for a cookie--soy hot chocolate--, when they passed the window. I wondered out loud how they were going to make it to the next class. Our classmate, Hillarity, whom I've now got hooked on the soy hot chocolate (she can't have dairy), was waiting with me and she informed me that meladuck and jnadiger were actually leaving for a meeting. Oh, so bitter was the sorrow I felt for not properly saying "goodbye" to them for the weekend. My confused wave will have to suffice.

Meanwhile, they missed one hell of a editing derby. I don't know why she didn't learn from last time, but our instructor decided that another group edit activity was necessary. Once again, she saved it for the end of the class. But by that time, the full-time students had degenerated into such argumentative silliness that we devolved into arguing over the proper referencing style for a web site. Maikopunk and I, (and by the way...who let us sit together?) resorted to speaking song lyrics to each other from both Grease movies, speaking them in a conversational style, as if we were having a serious conversation. Yes, it was extremely silly, but no more so than the grammar arguments which were happening in the greater studental population of our class. I think that we scared the part-timers, who asked us what the hell was wrong with us, and backed off slowly into a protective huddle in the corner. I think that our actions have answered a question for them: they'll probably never switch to full-time. They're much too happy with their present state of mental health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home