Friday, May 19, 2006

Forgive me, blog friends, for not posting so often any more. With two works, and a school, it has become difficult to find time to post. Sure, I could stay up until the wee hours like some people,but I'm far too old and lazy for that kind of thing. And I feel so guilty because I berated someone else for thinking about dropping the blogging habit, and then I almost do it myself. Almost.

I'm still missing the Evil, especially on Wednesday nights (I miss your witty commentary), but what can I do?

So here's the blog from last week. Last Friday, my avid-gardener friend took a day off of her job of lying with numbers (tax season is over), to go somewhere remote and disrobe the forest of its moss. She does this every year so she can make the 20 or so hanging baskets for various lucky family members and friends. My mother happens to have the perfect sunny spot, so she's always the recipient of something huge and needy (to add to her collection of me and my dad).



The annual trek takes us out to Mission. It was a lovely drive. Here, we can see all the housing development. Pretty isn't it? So much better than all the tree-covered hills.







We drove for a while, with nothing but pretty scenery around us. Sorry about the crookedness of the photo...I was taking the pix out the car window.





You can see the town of Mission just beyond the railing of this bridge. Why do they put railings at eye level?



Just outside of Mission is a row of old houses. In their yards, there are these old rhododendrons. They must have been there for nearly as long as the houses. When it bloom, they are amazing. Please ignore the bit of trash in the corner. I wasn't about to get out and move it.



From there, we went to the secret location which is now sadly missing some moss. But really, there's so much of it. Still, it is apparently some sort of offense, so...you know nothing.



After that, we stopped by this bed and breakfast on the river which is really cool. I can't remember the name, but the house was once owned by the Pretty family, and it is...pretty. A golf course surrounds the bed and breakfast, which is in the main house, seen in the left side of the photo. Further to the left, there is a new little pub/bistro. Behind the main house, there are some cabins. And between the main house and the water, there is a pool.


This is the view from the main house, the pool, and the golf course. I consider it worth the drive.








Then we went back to Mission, where I refrained from buying the amazing "adult cool aid", which is little boxes of wine mix. Not only do they have "red" and "white" wine, but they also have apple, peach, cherry, and loganberry. Yum. I bought them last year as a gag gift for Mother's Day for all the mothers in my family. None of them made it. I was extremely disappointed.

Before we started back home, we also went to Ferncliff Gardens, where I bought my mother some dahlia tubers for Mother's Day.













Then we went to my favourite dairy for an extremely disappointing ice cream cone. I couldn't complain, though. The poor young girl behind the counter was so emaciated that she couldn't scoop the ice cream. I thought that they had heartier stock in farm country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home