Saturday, September 23, 2006

Multiple levels of disappointment today, starting with the fact that I can't remember what I was going to complain about. Maybe I should eat more fish.

I've finally got the stupid invitation design to a point of being somewhat designerly. This is the time that I regret that I hadn't spent all summer farting around with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop as I had intended. My skill level with these tools is still very low. I'm not pleased with my design. I think that I came up with one that would please John more. But there's a time when you have to say enough!

I struggled with rhetorical analysis last night. It's no fun and I got nowhere. That means that I'll have to do that whole thing tomorrow, plus finalize and annotate my invitation design, plus do Vande Kopple and whateve Diana wants us to do, plus whatever homework needs to be done in the other classes.

It's safe to say that I'm goint to miss yet another Word on the Street, and that's really pissing me off.

Then some jackass uploaded a bunch of files to myDouglas which have to be read by Friday, plus an assignment, plus the assignment and quiz from the class two weeks ago. Thanks for the excellent timing, assholes. Don't you think you could have gotten your respective asses in gear a little sooner?

I'm just bitter over the WOTS thing. This is just highlighting another reason why it sucks to not live in the city. But then I go outside in the sun, listen to the birds, watch the squirrels run through the yard, watch the dog watching the squirrels run through the yard, and I realize it's not so bad. Until some idiot rides by on his Harley (get a tune-up), or some loser walks through the schoolground with his/her huge drug dealer dog offleash, and the dog runs crazily, catches a bird, and then rips it apart. That happened the other day. It can put you off your Cheerios.

Cheerio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home