Monday, September 25, 2006

My big accomplishment over the weekend, well on Friday, was that I bought a spanking new set of file cabinets. Okay, two drawers. I bought them with the hope that my clutter would disappear.

I put the cabinet in my room. Pointed it towards the pile'o'crap I've acquired over the last few months. I closed the door to my room. I left the cabinet alone with my ephemera. I came back a couple of hours later, and nothing had happened. Great, I thought, I guess that I'll have to do this myself.

So I spent half the day Friday sort of cleaning out my crap. I didn't manage to get through my heap of newspaper clippings. No, that fire hazard is still intact. But it has been moved! It now occupies the coveted spot on top of the file cabinet (I purposefully bought the two-drawer model because I figured that I could use the top to pile more stuff on. I was right. It totally works.) I moved some other junk around. Emptied out some hanging file boxes that I kept stacked up in the closet. That made room for more crap. I put the files in the shiny, new cabinet. So basically, everything got shuffled around, and then I crowned the whole thing with the newspaper clippings. It's funny how I don't feel like accomplished anything. Oh, right...that's because I didn't.

Next step: throw some shit out. I'll let you know how that goes. I should get to it sometime next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home