Friday, May 04, 2007

I like doughnuts.

Today, Rita and I decided to meet for a healthy walk. We had started a semi-regular routine of walking to train for the Sun Run. But since the run, we've both kind of let that routine slip. Or more precisely, after we were both let go from that place, we've let that routine slip because we met with co-workers after work to walk in the park across the street.

So we decided to meet today, and go to Crescent Beach for a walk to, up-and-down, and then back from the 1,001 Steps.

I've lived here all my life and have heard a lot about the 1,001 Steps. It has always been a popular hangout for the teens. It's secluded, and apparently kids would meet there, start a bonfire, and drink. Sounds like fun! My friends went there a few times. I've never been. Rita goes to Crescent Beach a lot, especially to walk the dog.

We met at the most convenient place...Tim Horton's...and then Rita drove to the beach. Today was a lovely day; the sky was full of fluffy clouds and the sun was shining. It was very picturesque, which is why I was so annoyed that I didn't have my camera with me. That, and all the bald eagles and baby bald eagles we saw. Stupid camera. Anyhow, we walked to the steps, hiked up them (which didn't take as long as I had expected) and back down, and then walked further around the point. That's where we saw the bald eagles. Then we walked back on the sand, our steps popping seaweed on rocks, trying to find the dryest route back to the car. There were so many sea critters in the shallow water. We saw the bluest sea star. It was very pleasant.

Then we drove back to Tim Horton's. I fought the almost overwhelming impulse to buy an icecap, but I did give in and buy some Timbits. They're so yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home