Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My stress level is at an all-time high for the last two years. On the McCoy scale (you may have to scroll down), I'd say it's between Level 3 (bowel-emptying fear) and Level 4 (unhinged sweaty barking nutwad). The stress is affecting my dreams. We had to present the "final" versions of our portfolios yesterday. I spent all of Sunday evening/night pulling something together. That night, I dreamed that after all my hard work, when I went to present my portfolio in class, all of my lovely samples and explanations had been replaced with pages from a supermarket flyer. They were all perfectly centred on the page, but completely wrong. Maybe it's a hint.

And then, yesterday morning, I woke to snow. Well, not exactly. They were talking about snow on the morning radio and tv news, but it hadn't started. By the time I was walking the dog, the snow had begun and was already sticking. During the walk, I was thinking how awesome it was that it was snowing. There was no way I could skip out today. I had to finish the portfolio show booklet with Maureen, and I doubted that John V. would accept the weather as an excuse for not showing up. I was worried because the last time it snowed, I had to leave my car at school and take tranist home (Scary!!!). That little occasion wasn't that bad. The lovely maikopunk and her hubby hosted me for a while. I almost made friends with her fat dog. Almost.

But I should look at the snow more positively. It gave me the opportunity to take a few minutes and do nothing but take photos before going to school. Usually, I rush around like a crazy person at the last minute. This time, I wandered around the yard taking these photos. Please note the pathetic spring flowers covered with snow:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home