Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Last week, I stopped into Future Shop (grrrr, I hate) to look for music. I found something (Amos Lee...quite excellent), and went to purchase. There was a girl at the counter. She was buying a fair-sized flat-screen monitor. She was also wearing pyjama bottoms, and they were dirty and worn out on the ass. She was wearing slippers. She was wearing a fleecy. And her hair was greasy and stringy.

It made me think: who is better off? Whenever I go out, even if it's to the mall, I worry that some part of my clothing is dirty, or my zipper is undone, or my jeans are too short (making me look more nerdish) or that my hair is looking really thin (which makes me look like I'm in denial of my baldedness, about which I DON'T want to talk), etc. You get the point. I worry about my appearance in public. And then there's Greasy Girl, who apparently didn't care about her appearance, but desperately needed a new monitor.

I have to say that I've never been that desperate for anything to be parading around in my dirty pyjamas. But you know what, I really admired her for her "who-gives-a-shit" attitude. But that was about all that I admired about her, cause she looked naaaaaaaaaasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home