Saturday, November 12, 2005

Another fun day in Funcouver. A friend has referred to the last couple of weeks as 40 days of rain. I hope that isn't an accurate prediction, but it looks like it may be true. On the up side, the mountains have already opened for skiing. On the down side, I live in Vancouver and don't know how to ski. We had the opportunity when we were in elementary school. My mom had bought the ski gloves, but decided at the last minute that it was too dangerous, probably because she wouldn't be there supervising. She kept the gloves, though, and then 15 years later, hauled them out one winter. She wanted us to wear them. They were huge and hideous. If we had kept them, (and if they hadn't been so bulky), they probably would be in style these days. The puffy jackets of my youth have returned. But these gloves were low-tech...no goretex. Probably not water-proof, either. I guess that I could have taken up skiing on my own, but I never did. I can't say why. But I certainly feel like an oddity. Most people around here ski or snowboard. That's probably the only way you could enjoy winter around here, if you knew that you were going somewhere else like the mountains to go skiing. We just get rain down here, and it's depressing. The no sunlight, too. I really get that seasonal affective disorder. And hanging around the computer doesn't help. It's the wrong kind of light therapy. That's my cue to go. Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home