Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing Day 2005

I spent the bulk (not girth) of the day messing around on the computer, reinstating it to all its electronic glory for the upcoming semester. Actually, it should be better than before because my geek cousin managed to figure out how the official Geeks at Best Buy fucked up their job last year. I had a new hard drive installed last year, and had asked that the old hard drive be made a slave to the new one so I could use it strickly for storage. The wondergeeks did nothing of the sort, so my cousin, hypothetically slapped in the face with the challenge/glove, decided to take on the computer reformatting over Christmas Eve/Day. I'm sure his wife was thrilled. However, I will search out some exotic beers (as so outlined in the newspaper) for repayment.

While shuffling files back and forth, I've been listening to Green Day, American Idiot, which my other cousin had so aptly purchased. We had been driving around the other day when a GD song came on the radio. The conversation consisted of: "Good song." "Yeah." "Like all the other songs I've heard from that cd." "Yeah, I've been thinking of picking it up." And voila, it was gifted to me (with the unspoken agreement to "share"). But can I say that I believe that I'm a huge fan. Not one song has disappointed, and in fact, I've been hooked by all. On first listening! That is a freakin' miracle considering that it usually takes a couple/few listens of even my favourite artists to get my ear bent in their direction. Who knows? Maybe I'm punk. No, I doubt it. But this cd is kick-ass.

I've finally popped up in a classmates dream, and I'll take the part however unsordid and non-scandolous it is. But my role as "mysterious-homework-doer-while-waiting-to-perform-in-a-talent-show" person has given me pause: Am I that boring that people dream of me doing homework? Hmmm, new strategies for the New Year may be appropriate. I'll have to think about it.

Meanwhile, I'm going with cd-giving cousin and a friend to Seattle on Wednesday. Considering that I have little money, this might be a painful trip (all that cheap American candy!). Maybe I'll go into debt for exotic candy canes and high-class chocolate chips. Wow, that sounds as exciting as homework. I'll have to work on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home