Sunday, December 18, 2005

I am ashamed. It has been so long since my last entry. It has been at least a week. That's the joy of working in the service sector while going to school...as soon as they hear that you are free, the work your ass until you're near tears. So I've been smiling and wishing people (about whom I care very little) a very Merry Christmas because, you know, I'm miserable, and I'm not going to fall prey to political correctness. It's Christmas, damn it, and I'm not going to ignore it for anyone.

I've been blogless since school ended, but I've noticed that my friends have been happily (perhaps) blogging away. I envy their dedication and work ethic. Once I no longer had to write anything, I stopped completely. But then I read posts from friends such as: http://www.livejournal.com/users/jnadiger/, http://www.livejournal.com/users/meladuck/, http://www.livejournal.com/users/vulture_/, and http://maikopunk.blogspot.com/, who have all been faithful to the blogging ethic, and I was inspired to return to the blogosphere.

Now, do I have anything to say?

Not really. I'm spending my time today being really tired after working several shifts in a row, culminating in two 10-hour shifts which left me anything but merry. But it's not like I had much of a chance of being merry, anyhow. I was supposed to go carolling with a classmate, who had invited a few people from school, but the combination of my weariness and bah-humbug-ness just isn't enough inspiration for me to go. Apparently, the houses in her neighbourhood put on quite a show...perhaps I'll catch it at another time.

My cousin has surprisingly arrived from Toronto, so I suppose that I should do some visiting. Other than that, I'm wasting time saving all my saveables onto cds, as I'm going to reformat my harddrive over the holidays. Nothing says Christmas like wiping your harddrive clean and starting over (perhaps it's more of a New Year's Eve thing?). Also, the ever-loving parents bought me a new monitor for Christmas, so I want to get the reformatting done before I set that up. I might have just exposed my ignorance...perhaps it doesn't matter if I set up the monitor before or after, but that's my plan. Oh, and I'm compiling my long list of email spams; I'm collecting all the random subjects to make some sort of dadaist poem/series of haikus. You really can't miss with lines such as: "on go my subordinate speedwell" and "is bring he oil microwave".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home