Monday, December 05, 2005

One day down, four more to go. And then it's back to the grind of having to be pleasant to drunken assholes during Winter Celebration parties. Who are we kidding? They're Christmas parties, for Christ's sake. Nothing takes the fun out of Christmas parties than having to work them, and believe me, I've worked so many that I make the Grinch look downright jolly. (Oh, why did they have to attempt to make a live-action version? it was so misguided, especially the prosthetic schnozzes they put on all those poor actors. I had nightmares for weeks.)

So we have just two more days of classes, one study day, and then two of the most polar-opposite final exams: research methods and Maureen's class (I have no idea how to classify it, except the horror of grammar plus some essay questions). Wrapping up this week will be interesting. We've already started the roller-coaster of emotions as final papers are being handed back. Luckily, I did stunningly well in the class that really counts, and sort of well in the class which is just a waste of time. Steven decided that I didn't do enough analysis, even though I did 13 pages of analysis with liberal sprinklings of text references. Still, our classmate Alex managed to squeeze in more text references today just in his classroom comments than I put in my 13 page paper. That kid has some talent.

I latently apologized to maikopunk for not picking up her phone call on Saturday night when she was wondering where we were. She was waiting at the donut place, and we were late getting there because, once again, I couldn't remember where I parked my car. I'll have to invest in a GPS just so I can find it. Anyhow, I wanted to assure her that I wasn't ignoring her. I had just mistakingly shut my ringer off instead of setting it on "vibrate". From now on, I'll double-check. No hard feelings, I hope.

And now, it's time to go back to the grammar. I'm seriously considering ditching the text book and using School House Rocks as my study guide. Thanks to meladuck for finding the link. If you listen carefully during Maureen's final, you might hear me humming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home