Thursday, April 06, 2006

For those of you who worried about my safety on public transit (which was probably only me...you uncaring transit-savvy bastards), I did get home safely last night. Although the lovely young woman who said "fuck" every second word during her tirade against the transit cops ("no, I fucking don't have a fucking transfer. You fucking took it away from me fucking last week. Fuck!"), spiced up the short, four-stop trip, it was quite enough for one day. Thank you.

So today, as I knew would happen, my parents and I drove to the Westminster Quay for lunch (lunch is also always a part of the deal for my family...a nod to meladuck's family). Part of that deal is that I check out Timeless Books at the Quay, which always has amazing deals on cheap books, and, I just noticed, an amazing selection of magazines (way more than Chapters). I bought $220 of books (before tax) for $54 (before tax). Yay! The good finds were "Design Your Own Homepage ($10), "Information Architecture for the World Wide Web" ($6), "The Fall of Advertising and the Rise of PR" ($5), and "Thinking with Type: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, and Students" ($8).

Then, after I had rescued my car from the parkade (it had been parked there overnight because I still can't tell time), I drove home. Driving up the hill from DC, I nearly rear-ended the pick-up in front of me which was going about 5 kms/hr. I was just thinking "what the hell?" when I figured out what he was looking at: some Rubenesque young woman walking up the hill, wearing one of those trendy frilly little miniskirts which, when the wearer walks on level ground, barely covers the hoo-hah, but when you walk up the hill...not so much coverage. Couldn't see the thong...just assuming, and hoping, that there was one.

Which brings up the topic of attire. It may just be me, but I think that our dear classmate, who is quite a good person, was asking way too much of the zipper on her pants last night at the grad show. She needs to buy some of those super-strong undergarments and give that zipper a rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home