Saturday, June 10, 2006

For all of you out there who don't have a car, here's a little secret: owning a car sucks.

It sucks ass; it sucks gas; and sometime this week, it will suck a lot of cash out of my bank account.

The fucker started a pity spiral on Thursday when the battery light came on. I took it to the car-fixer yesterday, who gleefully told me that the alternator needs replacing ($400 + labour), the front brakes need doing (about $250), the cushings/bushing (I have no idea) need doing (another few hundred $), and he reminded me that the last time I was in, the oil pan busted (I can't remember, but I think that was around $400). I'm looking at a minimum of $1,000, here, which seriously throws a monkey wrench into used book buying. Meanwhile, I'm sure that the car-fixer was so excited that he probably had a hard-on.

Bastard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home