Monday, June 05, 2006

I know, I know. I've badgered other people into posting, namely meladuck and Brat, and then disappeared. It's completely unfair. But just so you know...I do appreciate being able to keep up with you all.

There's two things that are causing my blogging glut...too much time and too little time. The lovely, enjoyable internship continues long after we finished our hours. Last week, we got to attend a company "community" day (which involved listening to accountants drone about numbers, and salesmen drone about sales), but there was a free dinner at the end, so who's going to pass on that? Then on Friday, we went rowing at the Delta Rowing Club (on Deas Island) as part of our editorial retreat. It didn't rain; we stayed in the boat; no one got wet or hurt. In all, it was a good day. The bigger picture of the internship is that the editing, proofreading, writing, and researching all continue, as do the cake parties. Someone brought in taffy today, so everyone was snacking. Not a lot of conversations, though, due to the stickiness.

And I'm working 2 nights at the golf course. Not fun. I hate weddings. Everyone feels that they're so special when they get married. Talk to me in 25 years when you're still together (hell, I'll take 5 years), and then I'll think you're special. I'm hoping to be able to quit that soon. I'll miss the benefits (40% off at Future Shop), but I won't miss the assholes. By that I mean the customers, not the staff. The staff is great. (I edited an essay for a friend...now they all want help. How much should I charge them because I'm not going out to dinner with all of them.)

I got an email from ex-classmate Barb Dowman. She sounds busy and probably happier. We're talking about meeting for lunch. I'll report back after I see her (she's writing for the Ministry of Health).

Other than that, I'm enjoying Personal Therapy on Wednesday nights. The homework sucks, but it's a good time to get together and see people (I still miss EvilXine). I can't wait to hear Ed's comments. Last week he threatened not to say anything...please help us convince him that not only is he funny, but he has good things to say.

I'm getting bleary-eyed. Time to go. See you all on Wednesday (and maybe Saturday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home