Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dear JP, my "work wife" at the mag, lent me some old Life and Maclean's magazines from around 1955. I love those old magazines. People were so shockingly innocent in those days, I think. Case in point, this photo from a story about a housewares tradeshow, as it appeared in a July 1955 edition of Life:



Am I perverted? Was the photographer perverted? The caption says "Outsized poster of attractive girl with Woodpecker Woodware salt and pepper mills paid off in orders of $5,200 for regular-sized mills."

Thank you Mr. Caption-writer, for the explanation that they weren't selling 3 foot tall salt and pepper mills. And by the way..."Woodpecker Woodware"? Is that a nickname for the model, or is that a company name?

Let's discuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home