Monday, May 07, 2007

It's so easy...you can do it with your eyes closed

The biggest lesson I've learned lately is how to be able to laugh about most things, especially things that happen to you. This is why I am, in this post, drawing attention to this instead of shying away from it.

Normally, I'd cringe at the thought of having thousands (who am I kidding...maybe a dozen...if I'm lucky) of people looking at me in a t-shirt and shorts. But such is the suffering one must endure to be a writer.

If you had asked me any time in the past if, in the future, I'd be giving out exercise tips, I would have asked you if you were high. But there it is...me giving exercise advice. And by the looks of it, the exercises I'm advocating are sooooo easy that you can do them with your eyes closed. The truth is that the bucolic scene you can see in the window behind me is sunrise, and that I'm very, very tired.

Oh, and the other truth is that there is a dominant gene in the family, which is passed through the generations, which gives us the ability to blink at precisely the time the photo is taken. It's not a glamourous ability. None of us will be saving the cheerleader or the world. But it's ours. That, and crooked fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home