Saturday, June 09, 2007

Huzzah!

Sometimes it takes a rainy day to put your life in order. Due to the oppressive, unrelenting weather, I spent the afternoon on the computer, searching through my storage cds. I was looking for a particular project from my past which I want to revisit. It was one that was never finished. Once finished, though, it will be a stellar example of many of my skills, especially editing and design.

This particular project is a rewrite of an article that appeared approximately 20 years in an issue of Science magazine. As per our lessons of the last two years, this article demonstrated a keen interest in and understanding of the subject matter by the writer. However, the poor girl needed to be smited heavily by the mighty red pen of the editor. The article is a horrendous mash of fake-your-way-to-the-top writing. The writer used all the big, overblown words and all the convoluted structures that indicate that she wasn't too comfortable in her role as writer. I will correct all that. And I'll make the layout interesting, too.

But I digress. While poking around on this cd, I found a whole cache of projects which I'd thought I had lost forever. I had been certain, until this discovery, that they had been saved on another cd...the one with which I have had so much trouble. Whenever I try to open it, either at home or at the library, the cd jams the machines, and I have to take drastic measures to get the computer to stop and let go. I still don't know what is on that cd. But I do know that it wasn't hiding the documents I was looking for. So yay!

But then again, boo, for all the found distractions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home