Friday, June 01, 2007

I don't know why I did it, but I decided to search FaceBook for groups/people connected to my elementary school and high school. Although there were a lot of groups for my elementary school, none looked familiar. But when I searched for my high school, I found one group of myv very own: a group for my graduating class.

It's a small group of only 8 people. Considering that we had over 160 people in my graduating class, that's a small amount. But they're trying to get it to grow because IT'S OUR FREAKING 20 YEAR REUNION NEXT YEAR!

I was not emotionally prepared for this shocking bit of news. I was just innocently (I thought) nosing around through the internet. Now I'm in a state of deep panic. I'm so unsuccessful.

I feel compelled to run out and get published. In a big way, not in the tiny, thrifty way I've been published in a certain magazine. Yes, it's nice to see your name in print. But it's even nicer to get paid hugely for it. I realize that I shouldn't complain. Please don't berate me for my whinging.

But now that I think about it, I realize that I didn't get a phone call for the 10 year reunion until the weekend before it was happening. Obviously, I wasn't high on anyone's list of priorities. Maybe they will forget me this time around, too. That would be okay. I don't really want to see anyone. Besides, I don't really understand the concept of a reunion, anyhow. Don't people who want to stay in contact stay in contact?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home