Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I envy some people (especially Meladuck and Maikopunk), and their seemingly effortless way of gathering moments from their day, the ability to reflect and assimilate those moments, and their ability to learn from them. As much as I try, I cannot do that.

My one main stumbling block is my memory. At the best of times, it's spotty. And lately, I've been blessed with spending too much time with my parents, especially my mother. She has this annoying habit of talking a lot (I have proof...her elementary school report card describes this tendency, and the trouble it has caused, in detail) because she thinks that everything she has to say is important, and because she often forgets what she has said just a few minutes ago. My patience has long ago expired. Her talking distracts me in a bad way. Any tidbit I have picked up during the day is usually lost from me by the time I have the chance to sit down and write. For instance, I had something I really wanted to write about tonight, but it's gone.

So, my dear role models, what do you suggest I do? What is it that you do? Do you have little notebooks into which you scribble cryptic yet meaningful notes? I'm eager to get your advice, because I do believe that I'm missing out on a lot. I think. I can't really remember.

But on a brighter note...I wore sandals today (no socks...shame on all of you who wear socks with your sandals). It was deliciously warm today. My toes were happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home