Sunday, May 27, 2007

While roaming the HMV in the mall, looking for either new music or old music, I heard a pretty good song playing in the background. But I was still looking for the few ever-elusive cds that I have been chasing for a while. Finally, I found one of them: Prince's Sign O' the Times". The price? Over $40! I remember this record (because it was in vinyl form back then) from my youth. And even though I had played it a lot, I couldn't remember half the songs listed. So I decided to leave it there, come home, and listen to the samples on amazon.com before I decided to buy it.

But the songs in the background remained really good, so I decided to investigate. Being as clever as I am, I discovered that the singer of the pretty good songs was James Morrison, someone I'd never heard of. I went to the shelf, and found that his cd was less than $10. Normally, I'd run away from something like that. I'd tell myself that there is a reason why his cd was so cheap...probably because it's crap. However, now that I reflect on this logic, I realize that it's very faulty. I have plenty of cds for which I paid a hefty, full price, which totally sucked. I decided to take a chance.

It turned out to be a good roll of the dice. I really like the cd, especially the title cut. As I was walking the dog this morning, I was able to reflect on the words. They apply to all of us: "I'm not lost; not lost, just undiscovered. And when we're alone we are all the same as each other."

See you all tomorrow night at the coffee kvetch. I have a shiny, unhappy story to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home