Sunday, April 09, 2006

My post-semester laziness has kicked in big time. My backpack remains fully packed, and is lying in the middle of floor. So far, I've managed to not hurt myself on it. Let's play a fun game and count how long I remain book-bag injury-free.

One thing I plan to do all summer is to share some of the wisdom I find in whatever I'm reading. I have one book in particular which I'm going to share. It's all about ways to get your creativity going, and it presents problems and solutions. While I know that this activity is probably highly illegal, I feel that sharing is good, so I'll share.

The first problem the book discusses is your fear of failure inhibiting idea growth. The book advises that you will always be your own harshest critic. The solution? Hide in a restroom stall. I guess the key here is quiet isolation..."think time". Good idea, except for those people with OCD. They could never get past counting the cracks in the tile or the holes in the ceiling tile to get on to doing something productive. But it's a nice thought. Try it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home