Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tomorrow is the last day of the internship. I am fraught with emotion and confusion. I really, really love the place...the people are amazingly nice and the work is fun. I wish that I was quitting the hateful food service job instead of this pleasure dome of words and witticisms, but I can't. I must go back to school and finish the program.

People were already sending me off today. Not in the "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out" kind of way, but in the "don't leave us" way. That's very affirming, even though I know that a major part of it is that I am a huge office goof. No one there knows how to have much fun. Josie and I must have given them quite the shake-up (she with her googly eye balls, pig-shooting gun, and stuffed ebola virus "Little Ebby, and me, who cannot resist a good prank). I tried to fool them into starting a petition to keep me, but no one was brave or stupid enough to start it.

Oh, well, this signals the start of another phase. Now I have to write the damned report about this whole experience. I have many good things to say about it...but the act of writing the report is keeping me from doing it. Lazy? Maybe. Unwilling to close that chapter? Perhaps.

I just hope that the door doesn't hit me on the ass on the way out, but stays open for me. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home