Saturday, November 19, 2005

It appears that blogging is the favourite form of procrastination for my classmates. And so, for me, too. I've just read all their blogs...still spying. And one of them correctly pegged me as the baker of the cookie pizza, which was apparently revered by one of my group project partners. We three met yesterday to hash out the details in an all-day sitting, and part of the plan was to bring food. That was smart, because even though we used food as an excuse to stop, we didn't have to go too far to get it. Barb bought spanakopita (forgive my spelling skills if I spelled that incorrectly; bow down to my spelling skills if I spelled that correctly). It was excellent.

Not so excellent...the dog was sick today. We (both of my parents and myself...quite a sad group) took him to two vets, because the first one gave off that new vet smell, and my mother didn't trust his judgment. (I questioned one instructor as to why there is no "e" in the middle of "judgment". I'm waiting for a satisfactory answer). So we took the poor little guy (explosive puke and diarrhea) to a second opinion, which quite satisfied my mother. I felt really bad for the poor little chihuahua that came in after us. Somehow, due to the neglect of its white trash family (is that shit on your boots), its eye had popped out the socket. I have no idea how that happened. However, white trash dad figured that $900 was too much, and proceeded to try to haggle with the vet. He couldn't get her down to $200 (that's quite a mark down...it cost $200 for our dog), so he announced that he'd "put a bullet in it first", and then stormed out. Poor little guy. I hope that he makes it, and then runs away to a better home.

I'm writing all this to avoid my genre analysis assignment. Instructions aren't all that interesting to begin with, but when you have to dissect them, they're even less interesting. Back to the rhetorical grind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home