Sunday, November 20, 2005

There is something wrong with me in that whenever I do a group project, I feel that I'm not doing my share. And yet, the feedback I get from my group usually suggests otherwise. So what's with that? Is it an overwhelming need for guilt? Am I inherently (and secretly) ambitious? When will I ever find out?

I'm working with a terrific group on the current group project, which is due on Tuesday. Barb is older, but so cool. She has such experience...she is just a calming, reassuring presence. And Melanie is a kindred spirit. She has a degree in English, too. She's smart, and clever, and writes a damn good blog. The people in my class who have blogs are all excellent writers. So worldly, so smart, so sassy (even James, ha). I got an oblique mention in Melanie's the other day because of the pizza cookie, and Angie correctly guessed that I was the creator...what does that mean?

I'm full of questions tonight because I was working on my genre analysis (rough draft). Oy, instructions. I think that Diana selected these four examples for our "corpus" because two are extremely similar, one is kinda, and the fourth is just out there in left field, waving. It just doesn't fit in, but we're supposed to "paint a picture of the genre" using Aristotle's topoi and junk. And only use 750 words to do it. I'm well over 1,000 and I feel like I've barely covered anything. That's probably because I don't really know what I'm doing, and I'm faking it. Faking it. Hopefully, noone will find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home