Monday, November 28, 2005

It's been a few days since I last blogged, and the most notable thing that has happened in the interim is that I gave up and increased the font size for my computer's display.

I'm getting old.

It is now so big that I'm sure that the neighbours can read it from their kitchen table. Whatever they end up seeing, it's their fault for looking.

I'm full of lucid, lengthy thoughts tonight. Perhaps I'll change the subject, yet again. While struggling with a homework assignment, I've been struggling with technology. This is an ongoing battle which has finally come to a head. You see, I broke my mp3 player a few months ago. I was going to go buy a new one when a friend said that she had won one at a golf tournament. Apparently, she's okay being alone with her wandering mind, but I am not: I need some distraction. So she offered it to me cheap, and I bought it. However, when I got it home, the Sony product became a pain in the ass. I couldn't get the software for file transfer off the included cd. I asked Sony for help, and they came up with a shrug. It pissed me off. I ended up e-screaming to the guy "So I've got myself a useless hunk of plastic?" It turned out that this particular model was incompatible with Windows XP, and because I had opened the package, and because I hadn't bought it from a store, I was facing screwage. However perserverence prevailed, and I somehow got it to work. But I couldn't get the file recognition stuff to work, so any time I ripped a song from a cd, I had to fill in the info myself.

Tonight, I'd had enough of that. I wanted to fill up my mp3 player with Prince (all variations, including Symbol, TAFKAP, and "Camille"). Not wanting to go through all the trouble of naming the files, I decided to give it another go. Instead, I screwed up the software I already had installed. I was faced with not being able to change the music on my mp3 player, which is unacceptable. So I farted around, screwed up a few times, and eventually lucked out and got the software reinstalled, this time with the file recognition program intact. So after about 3 hours, I've now saved myself a few minutes. However, hopefully, I won't ever have to name all my song files again.

But now I'm wondering if somewhere along the way Sony didn't install some spyware? Probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home