Monday, April 10, 2006

Day one of the practicum is over. I'm tired. I'm sore. I'm not used to sitting at a desk all day. It's surprisingly exhausting.

The day started in relative calm. I had to squeeze through 2 construction zones and one bridge line-up to get there on time. I had about 2 minutes to spare, but I made it. Tomorrow, I'm going to try a different route to see if I can put a different spin on the day.

Actually, that's not really a fair statement. I really enjoyed today. Josie and I got to do some fun things (including letter-writing such as "thanks for your letter, nutjob" to some of the crazy people who write to natural health magazines (a sample: "I'm having trouble with uncontrollable farts and diarrhea...can you recommend anything." The answer which was suggested by the editor-in-chief: a cork.)

We got some research assignments, and some writing assignments. We got our logon codes and all that jazz. The crazy juice lady was right there with her carrot/beet/apple/lemon blend of murkiness when we were just sitting down in our chairs. I believe that the woman is psychic. But in all, it was a very enjoyable day.

I think that I'll go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home