Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Brought my dad home from the hospital today. We weren't too thrilled with bringing him home. He's still not 100%, and frankly, my mother and I are nervous to have him home. He still has "issues" that need to be resolved. He's acting like he's well, but he isn't. He's probably glad to be out of the hospital, though. Those places really aren't that conducive to health.

On the way there, I drove her around to do errands. She figures that she's going to be stuck at home with him for the next few days, keeping an eye on him. She had to go to Safeway (she was out of coffee!). I don't mind...there's usually a Starbuck's treat in it for me. What can I say? I can be bought cheaply with either a frozen blended coffee beverage or a soy hot chocolate.

In the coffee aisle, when scanning the shelves for the decaf, I noticed that someone had helpfully written a note on the shelf tag: "Why don't you buy hazelnut coffee?" I thought that this was a brilliant way to ask for something desperately needed. It was written on the (gag) Irish cream-flavoured coffee.

I wish we could write little notes to store employees about what we want. Why couldn't it be that easy? Of course, everywhere I went, I'd ask for a monkey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home