Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chocolate

I thought that I had today's entry all figured out. Then I talked to my parents, and that all changed.

Yes, today is Valentine's Day, the most Hallmark-y, chocolate-y, flowery day of them all (except for Mother's Day, and Easter...never mind). I was going to write about the fateful day a few years ago when I had a chocolate eating contest with a classmate, and I ended up on the floor of a Vietnamese restaurant, writing in pain with a headache and stomach. The inevitable puking helped only a bit. I haven't been for Vietnamese food since.

However, instead, I'll write about the most romantic gesture my dad has attempted in years. He stopped trying because it didn't matter what he did, it wasn't right. So he gave up. But this year, he stuck his neck out, and bought chocolates, which is so symbolic.

There was only one problem. He bought these chocolates while he was doing some errands. He went to a proper store (Purdy's). But he also stopped off somewhere else while he was out.

He came home with chocolates and a new toilet seat.

Now that's love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home