Saturday, April 15, 2006

Last night was lazy tv-watching night. It took me all day to get the stupid report printed, bound, and delivered to our client. Hopefully, it was worth all the effort.

So at the end of the day, I decided to flake in front of the tv, and watch something I'd taped. Have I admitted my geek about Cirque du Soleil? Here's the confessional: I find Cirque du Soleil entertaining. It's not only because they don't use animal acts in their shows (I don't find "trained" animals entertaining...sad, but not entertaining). It's because there's such a confluence of effort and artistry, not only in the shows themselves but also in the creation and production of the shows. The Cirque creates its own stories, writes its own music, sews its own costumes, develops its own technology. In all, the Cirque is very creative.

Anyhow, the CBC (boo) had televised a "new" Cirque du Soleil show (yay) during our last week of school. So last night I watched the tape. There was one act in particular that made me feel inferior. Granted, I'm not known for my physicality, so pretty much all of it makes me feel inferior. But there was this one guy whose act consisted of climbing up and down a ladder. I have problems climbing up and down a ladder. It's a fear of heights thing. However, this guy had no problems, even though the ladder wasn't leaning against anything. He just stood it straight up into the air and climbed up one side and down the other. He did all kinds of other tricks with it...spinning around, standing on the top... And I can't even stand on a chair! Then again, that's probably the only thing that he can do really well. At least that's what I'll tell myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home