Sunday, April 23, 2006

Oy, I was back at the golf course Friday and Saturday. Everyone (okay, a few) were asking me if I was glad to be back/how much I had missed it. It turns out, not so much. I was there for maybe 20 minutes when some woman reminded me that I am over the service industry employment. Granted, I was working a memorial, but...there were at least four couples, plus some kids, who were there to set up for the memorial. There were all standing around talking, and I was running around, setting up the bar (hosted...nice memorial). This woman walked halfway across the building, past the chatting folks (and they weren't talking about anything too sacred) and asked me to "help" her move some flowers. By that, I thought that she meant help her. Instead, she meant "move these flowers while I follow you and dither about where they should be." Fine. I suppose that I should be considerate and sympathetic, but I was actually busy doing something, she could see that, and she interrupted me to move two smallish vases of flowers for her. So I put one down, told her to think about where she wanted them, and went and got the other one. Thankfully, she had made up her mind by the time I got back. But seriously, did she have to ask me?

I really hate it when people pretend to be so feeble or special that they can't help themselves. In contrast, at the wedding last night, they moved there own damn tables to make room to take photos, and then moved them back themselves. There were plenty of able-bodied guys, so they realized that they could do it efficiently and quickly themselves, rather than gathering up some staff to do it for them. Consequently, I liked them more.

I've just realized that I need to get a job where no-one bugs me. Great. I'm a miserable bastard. Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home