Monday, April 17, 2006

Peeps,

My beloved "Grey's Anatomy" was not on tv last night. I had settled in to watch it, and didn't feel like doing much else, so I decided to take a trip through the channels to see what else was on. What I found was a revelation (of sorts). At 10pm on Sunday, on Channel 43, there is a program on called "Mental Engineering". The premise is that a moderator has four smarty-pants guests from various disciplines, and they sit around and talk about tv commercials. But they talk about them in the sense of what is being said, how its being said, is if effective or not, etc. In other words, it's a television show on tv commercial genre analysis. Brilliant. It's quite chatty, and a little funny, and somewhat educational. And it was the only thing on. Still, I might check it out again in the future. I'd like to hear what they have to say about the subtext of the next Gap commercial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home